Australia has a special system of health cover for International students which is Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). You will need to buy OSHC before you come to Australia to cover you from when you arrive. The Department of Immigration and Citizenship requires you to maintain OSHC for the duration of your time on a student visa in Australia.

You might find that your institution has an agreement with a specific OSHC provider. You can choose to take out OSHC with this provider, or with the Australian OSHC provider of your choice. Edu Global Unlimited can assist you in obtaining the right OHSC membership through our partner provider, please contact us for details.

Your OSHC will help you pay for any medical or hospital care you may need while you’re studying in Australia and it will contribute towards the cost of most prescription medicines, and an ambulance in an emergency.

Getting and holding a valid Health Insurance is a strict obligation from the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection. Despite being a temporary resident or a student, all individuals traveling to Australia for an extended period must have a Health Insurance cover. There are many providers you can choose from to tailor your health cover to your medical and financial needs.